Do you feel that the app icons in your iPhone look boring? Are you tired of looking at the same app icon styles every day? Well, there’s some good news for all iPhone users.
Apple has introduced a new feature called ‘custom app icon.’ This is a fun feature that allows you to customise the look and aesthetic of your home screen and apps. You can apply this feature to all the installed apps on your device.
Now that you have this amazing option available in iOS, you can customise your apps as many times as you wish. But this feature is available in iOS 14 and later updates only. So if you are using an iOS update lower than iOS 14, you will need to first upgrade your phone.
In this post, we will share with you the steps to customise the VSCO app icon on your iPhone. This will give you an idea of how this feature works.
VSCO Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
But before we move to the steps, you need to download a few VSCO app icon pictures in your phone’s gallery. Once you get the images, you should follow these steps:
- Open the Shortcuts app that comes pre-loaded in your iPhone.
- Tap the + icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the option Add Action.
- A new menu will open, where you need to search for Open App and tap it when it appears.
- Tap Choose and pick the app that you want to customise. In this case, you need to choose the VSCO app.
- You will see three dots on the upper-right edge of the screen. Tap it.
- The options menu will open, where you select Add to Home Screen and assign a name to the shortcut.
- Now tap the icon next to the shortcut name.
- Select Choose Photo.
- The phone’s gallery will open, where you need to pick the app icon image that you downloaded in the beginning.
- After that tap the Add option in the top-right corner.
- Go back to your home screen to find the VSCO app icon shortcut.
Well, that’s all you need to do to customise app icons on your iPhone. The same steps are applicable for all the apps you want to customise.
Some Things to Remember:
There are a few important things you must remember about the custom app icon feature.
- This feature can be applied only via the Shortcuts app. It is not an inbuilt feature in your iPhone.
- By changing the aesthetic of the app, you are creating a new shortcut in your home screen. It doesn’t affect the original app icon at all.
- After creating a new shortcut, you will find the original app still on the home screen. But this can be removed to reduce clutter.
- When you remove the original app from your home screen, it gets stored in the App Library of your device.
- You can customise your installed apps as many times as you want.
- The custom app icon feature doesn’t allow you to personalise all the installed apps at once. Instead, you will need to do each app individually.
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
1. Why should you customise app icons on iPhone?
If you are bored of the same app icons, you can use this feature to change the way the app looks. It helps you to personalise your home screen to match your style and personality.
2. What is the Shortcuts app used for?
The Shortcuts app is needed to create new shortcuts in your iPhone. The custom app icon feature is applied through this app.