Safari is one of those iOS apps that you probably use every day. There are chances that the app icon is etched in your memory. While this is good for building muscle memory, it is not visually pleasing.
Seeing the same app icons every day can be very boring. If you find the aesthetic of your iOS device dull, you can customise it to make it interesting. You must be wondering how?
Apple has introduced a new customisation option in iOS 14. This feature has become a great hit because it allows you to customise the look of your iOS app logos. You can change the apps icons as per your liking. The only drawback is that you may have to customise each of the icons individually, which can be a bit tedious depending on the number of apps you wish to customise.
Using this customisation option, you can change the aesthetic appeal of the Safari icon. You can customise the look of your iOS apps to match your personality or vibe. If you want to know how it’s done, read this guide till the end.
Best Safari Icon Aesthetic For iPhone on iOS 14
Guide To Change The Aesthetic Look Of The Safari App In iOS 14
Apple iOS 14 arrived last year and it came with dozens of new features and customisation options. One of the coolest things included in iOS 14 is the option to customise iOS app logos. This feature has gained a lot of popularity because it helps you to change the look of your phone.
There are plenty of app icon packs available for iPhone and iPad. Once you download one of these packs, you can easily change the look of the app icons. If you have a premium app icon pack, it might allow you to customise all the iOS apps at once. But this option is not available in all the app icon packs. You will find both paid and free app icon packs. Before you start make sure:
- You have downloaded the Shortcuts app on your iOS device.
- You have updated your iOS to iOS 14.
- You have saved the pictures that you want to use for new icons.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch the Shortcuts app on your device and tap the Plus sign. You will find it located in the upper-right corner.
- Now go to the Add Action button and tap on it.
- You will be shown a menu. In the menu, look for the option Open App and tap on it.
- Tap the option Choose and select the app you want to create a new icon for. In this case, you need to choose Safari.
- In the upper-right corner, you will notice three dots. Tap on it to open the options menu.
- Locate the option Add to Home Screen in the menu and tap on it. Now give a name to your shortcut.
- Next to the name, you will find the default icon. Tap on it. You can select Choose Photo to select a picture saved in the Photos app. If you choose to Take a Photo, you will have to click a new picture. Selecting the option Choose File will allow you to select a photo from the Files app.
- Now tap the Add option located in the top-right corner.
Well, that’s it. You have successfully created a new icon on your home screen. These steps can be followed for changing the look of any iOS app on your device.
The new icon you have created can be moved around like other original app icons. To avoid clutter, you can remove the original app icon from your home screen. All you need to do is press and hold the original app icon. Then tap the Remove App option and select Remove from Home Screen. When needed, you will find the original app in the App Library of your device.
Why should you create a new iOS app icon?
If you are bored of looking at the same iOS app icon every day, you can change it using the customisation option.
What app do you need to change the aesthetic of your iOS apps?
You will need to download and install the Shortcuts app to complete the customisation.