With the arrival of the iOS 14 update, iPhone users have been introduced to a new feature called the custom app icons. Using this feature you can change the aesthetic of any app you want.
For all these years, iPhone users didn’t have any customisation option. But now that they have this feature, they can use it to change the entire look of their home screen.
However, there’s a slight drawback. It doesn’t allow you to customise all the apps at once. Instead, you will have to customise each app individually.
In this post, we will tell you how to customise the Reminders app using this new cool feature.
Reminders Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
Guide To Customise the Reminders App Icon
The custom app icon feature is applied via the Shortcuts app in your iPhone. Before you start following the steps make sure you have the following things:
- iPhone running iOS 14 or later
- Shortcuts app (it is a pre-installed app in iOS 14)
- Reminders app icon images (you can download them online)
After saving the Reminders app icon images in the iPhone gallery, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Shortcuts app and tap the + icon at the top-right corner.
- Select the “add action” option.
- In the pop-up menu and tap the search field, and search for “open app.” Tap it when it appears.
- A new shortcuts screen will open. Tap the “choose” link.
- Select the app you want to customise. For example, the Reminders app.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the new shortcuts icon, under the Home Screen Name and Icon.
- In the drop-down menu, tap “choose a photo.”
- Now select the Reminders app icon image that you downloaded at the beginning of the steps.
- Adjust or crop the image if needed, and then tap “choose.”
- Tap the “new shortcut” text to name the shortcut you are creating.
- Tap the “Add” button in the upper-right corner.
- Lastly, tap “done” and go back to your home screen.
You will find the Reminders app icon shortcut on the home screen along with the original app. Instead of having both the app icons on the home screen, you should remove the original app. There’s nothing to worry about because you can still access the original app in the App Library.
Note: The same steps are to be applied to all the apps you want to customise.
There are a few things you need to understand about this feature. Go through the below pointers:
- When you customise an app icon, you are creating a new shortcut, instead of changing the aesthetic of the original app. You will find the original app on your home screen after creating the new shortcut.
- The customised app icons don’t show badges.
- You cannot open the customised app icons by just tapping on them. The app will open after the shortcut is processed by the Shortcuts app.
- After you remove the original app from your home screen, it is stored in the App Library of your device, so you can access it from there.
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
1. Where to find custom app icon images?
You will find a huge collection of custom app icon images on the internet. There are both free and paid images available on the web.
2. Where is the original app stored?
The original app gets stored in the App Library. So even if you remove it from the home screen, you can still access it from there.
3. How many times can you customise an app?
You can customise an app as many times as you want. There are no set restrictions.