Are you bored of the old Messenger app icon on your iPhone? Do you feel like changing it? If yes, there is good news for you!
Apple has introduced a new feature in iOS 14 that allows you to customise the look of the apps installed on your iPhone. It can be applied on all apps, as long as it is installed on your device.
This feature is available in iOS 14 and later updates. So if you are using an update lower than iOS 14, you will need to first upgrade the iOS. After that, you can customise the apps via the Shortcuts app.
Messenger Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
If you are eager to know how this feature works, we are here to help. As mentioned above, we have taken the example of the Messenger app. The steps discussed below are the same for all the apps you want to customise. With that said, let’s take a look at the steps now.
Here’s what you need to do:
- At first, you need to download a few Messenger app icon images.
- Save those images in your iPhone’s gallery.
- Now open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- Tap the plus icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Add Action.
- In the text field, select the Open App option.
- Select Choose.
- Now choose the app you want to customise. For example, Messenger.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select the option Add to Home Screen.
- Tap the placeholder app icon.
- A new drop-down menu will open, where you will select Choose File.
- Select the custom app icon image from the gallery.
- Now adjust the replacement image.
- Rename the shortcut you are creating. This is the name that will appear on the home screen.
- Once done tap Add and then Done.
Your new shortcut is created on the home screen. Go back to the home screen and you will find both the shortcut and the original app there.
To reduce clutter, you can remove the original app from your home screen. All you need to do is long-press the app and select the Remove App option when it shows. You can access the original app in the App Library of your iPhone.
Things to remember:
- The custom app icon feature doesn’t allow you to customise all the apps at once. To customise multiple apps, you will need to do it individually.
- This feature is applied via the Shortcuts app. It helps create a new shortcut, instead of changing the original app icon.
- After removing the original app icon from the home screen, you can access it in the App Library of your iPhone.
- You can customise an app as many times as you want.
- This feature can be applied to all the installed apps on your device.
- If the Shortcuts app is not present in your iPhone, you can download it from the App Store.
- This feature is available only in iOS 14 and later versions.
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
1. How to customise the aesthetic of an app?
To customise the aesthetic of an app on iPhone, you need to use the Shortcuts app that comes pre-installed on your device.
2. Is the custom app icon feature free to use?
The custom app icon option is a new feature launched by Apple in iOS 14. It is free to use and can be applied to all the installed apps on your iPhone.
3. Can people using an update lower than iOS 14 use this feature?
To use the custom app icon feature, you will need to update your iPhone to iOS 14 or later versions.