Apple users can now use the custom app icon feature to personalise the aesthetic of any app they want. This new feature is available on iOS 14 and later versions.
If you are excited to know more about this feature and how it works, we are here to help! In this post, we will share with you how to customise the Mail app icon.
Mail Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
How to customise the Mail icon app?
These custom app icons are not an inbuilt feature in iOS 14. Rather, you can apply them using the Shortcuts app, which comes pre-installed in iOS 14.
To customise the Mail app icon, you need a few important things. This includes:
- iPhone running iOS 14 or later
- Shortcuts app (it is an inbuilt app in iOS 14, so no need to download it again)
- Mail app icon images (you can download them online)
After saving the Mail app icon images in your phone’s gallery, you must follow these steps:
- At first, launch the Shortcuts app.
- Tap the + button located at the top-right corner.
- Select the “add action” option.
- Go to the pop-up menu and tap the search field. Look for “open app” and tap on it.
- A new shortcuts screen will appear, where you need to tap the “choose” link.
- Now select the app you want to customise. In this case, you need to pick the Mail app.
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Tap the new shortcuts generic icon. You will find it under the Home Screen Name and Icon.
- Select “choose photo” in the pop-up menu.
- Now pick the Mail app icon image that you want to use.
- You can adjust the photo or crop it if needed. After that tap “choose.”
- Tap the option “new shortcut” text to assign a name to the shortcut you are creating.
- Tap the “Add” button in the top-right corner.
- Tap “done” and go back to your home screen.
The Mail app icon shortcut is successfully created and you will find it on the home screen of your device. The same steps can be applied to all the apps installed on your iPhone.
Now that we have discussed the steps, there are a few important things you need to understand about this custom app icon feature.
- When you are customising an app icon, you are creating a shortcut for that specific app. It doesn’t customise the aesthetic of the original app. You will find the original app on your home screen even after creating the new shortcut. You can remove the original app to App Library to reduce clutter.
- The customised app icons will not show badges. So if you customise the Mail app, it will no longer show any number badge when you receive new emails. The same applies to all the customised apps.
- When you tap on any of the customised app icons, it will not open the app right away. Instead, the Shortcuts app will start processing the shortcut, and only then the app will open.
- After you remove the original app from your home screen, it is stored in the App Library of your device. You can access the original app any time you want by accessing the App Library.
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
1. Where to find custom app icon images?
You will find a massive collection of custom app icon images on the internet. There are both free and paid images available out there.
2. What happens to the original app after you create a shortcut?
The original app stays as it is on the home screen. In case, you remove it, it will be stored in the App Library.