If you are using iOS 14 or later versions, you are lucky as you can use the “custom app icon” feature to personalise the aesthetic of your phone. This is a new feature dropped by Apple that applies to all iPhone apps.
The custom app icon option allows you to change the aesthetic of the apps installed on your phone.
If you are bored of the way the apps appear on your home screen, you will find this feature useful. It has quickly become very popular among iPhone users as it is fun to use.
In this post, we will take the example of the Facetime app and explain the steps to change its aesthetic.
Facetime Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
How to customise the Facetime app icon?
Before you start customising the Facetime app icon, you will need a few things. This includes:
- Shortcuts app (it is an in-built app in your iPhone device)
- iOS 14 and above
- Facetime app icon pictures (you can download them online)
Once you have the images ready and saved in your phone’s gallery, you will need to follow these steps:
- Open the Shortcuts app on your device.
- Tap the + button on the upper-right edge of the screen.
- Locate the “add action” option and tap on it.
- Now tap the “open app” option.
- Tap “choose” and select the app you want to customise. In this case, you will choose the Facetime app.
- In the top-right corner, you will notice three dots. Tap on it.
- Give a name to the shortcut you are creating. You can name it anything you like.
- Tap the option “add to the home screen.”
- Tap the icon beside the name.
- Select “choose photo” and add the Facetime app icon image from your phone’s gallery.
- Adjust the photo and tap “add.”
- After you are done with the above steps, tap “Done” to complete the process.
You have successfully created a new Facetime shortcut. You will find it on your home screen along with the original app. You can remove the original app to reduce clutter and tidy your home screen. The original app will be accessible in the App Library of your device.
Things to Know About The “Custom App Icon” Feature
The custom app icon option is a new thing for iPhone users. So there are things that you are yet to know about it.
- Customising an app doesn’t do any
- hing to the original app. Instead, it creates a new shortcut on your home screen.
- The custom app icon is not an in-built feature. Rather, you can apply it via a workaround using the Shortcuts app.
- After creating a new shortcut, you can remove the original app from the home screen. It will then get stored in the App Library, so you can access it whenever you want.
- The custom app icon feature can be applied to all the apps available on your device. However, you can customise only one app at a time.
- This feature is available on iOS 14 and higher versions. Any version lower than iOS 14 doesn’t have access to this option unless they upgrade the OS.
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
1. Is the custom app icon feature free to use?
Yes, you can use the custom app icon feature for free. It can be applied to the apps using the Shortcuts app, which is an in-built app on your phone.
2. What is a custom app icon pack used for?
You will find many custom app icon packs online. This allows you to customise all the apps at once. But most of these packs are paid and very expensive.