After almost a decade, Apple has finally included the custom app icon feature for iOS 14 users. This newly added feature has quickly become very popular and that too for all the right reasons.
So is this feature all about? The custom app icon option allows you to personalise the look of your apps on your iPhone. Using this feature you can easily change the aesthetic of your phone to match your style and personality.
Before iOS 14, this feature was missing, which means iPhone users had to stare at the same dull icon while using their phones. But not anymore! You can use this feature on all the apps installed on your device. By this, we mean both in-built apps and the ones installed by users.
Camera Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
To help you understand how this feature works, we are going to share the steps to customise the camera icon aesthetic in your iPhone.
Here’s what you need to do:
Before starting with the steps, you need to first download a few camera app icon images. You will find thousands of those pictures online. But not all of them are free. If you choose a premium image, you will need to pay for it.
Once you download the images, save them in your photo gallery. After that follow these steps:
- Launch the Shortcuts apps on your iPhone. This comes pre-installed on your device, so you don’t need to install it separately.
- Tap the “+” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, tap the option “Add Action.”
- Go to the text field look for Open App and tap on it.
- Now tap “Choose.”
- Select the app that you wish to customise. In this case, you will need to pick the Camera app.
- On the upper right corner of the screen, tap the three dots.
- Now select the option “Add to Home Screen.”
- Select the placeholder app icon.
- In the drop-down menu, select the option “Choose Photo.”
- Select the replacement app image from your photo gallery.
- In the text field, you can rename the app. Whatever you name the app will appear on the home screen.
- Now tap “Add.”
- After you complete all the above steps, tap “Done.”
Your camera app icon shortcut is created and you will find it on the home screen of your iPhone. Go back to your home screen and see the shortcut you created. You will find the original app is still there on the home screen. To reduce clutter, you can remove it. But don’t worry you can always access it in the App Library of your phone.
You will need to repeat the same steps for all the other apps that you want to customise. The biggest drawback of this feature is that it doesn’t allow you to customise all the apps at once. You will need to do each app individually, which can be time-consuming.
But there’s a solution to it. Just get a custom app icon pack and you should be able to customise all the apps at once. However, you will need to pay for a custom app icon pack and some of them can be a bit pricey.
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
How to find custom app icon images for iPhone?
You will find tons of custom app icon images on the internet. You can either search it on Google or go to Pinterest. They have an amazing collection of custom app icon pictures.
Do you have to download the Shortcuts app?
No, the Shortcuts app is an in-built app available on iPhone. Since it is pre-installed, you don’t need to download it your own.