Apple has recently introduced a new feature in the iOS 14 update that allows you to change the aesthetic of apps in your iPhone.
For all these years, iPhone users have been missing this option. But now they can change the aesthetic of all installed apps on their phone. By using this feature, you can customise the whole look of your home screen.
The custom app icon option can be applied via the Shortcuts app, which comes pre-installed on your iPhone. If you are wondering how it’s done, we are here to help.
In this post, we will tell you how to customise the calculator app icon. So if you are ready to take advantage of this feature, you should follow the steps given below.
Calculator Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Amazon Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
But before that, you need to download a calculator app icon image and save it in your phone’s gallery. Once that is done, here’s what you need to do.
- Launch the Shortcuts apps on your iPhone.
- Hit the + icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Add Action option on the next screen. It is a blue button, so it should be easy to spot.
- Now, look for the option Open App.
- Tap on Choose. This is where you need to select the app that you want to customise. Pick the Calculator app and proceed to the next step.
- Now tap the three dots in the top right corner. This will open the settings for this specific shortcut. This is where you can assign a new name to the shortcut app.
- Once you are done with the above steps, tap on the option Add to Home Screen.
- Tap on the icon beside the shortcut app to change the image.
- Select the option Choose Photo and pick the custom app icon image that you downloaded.
- Now tap the Add button in the top right corner. This will add the new shortcut app to your home screen.
After you are done, go back to the home screen and access the shortcut. You will notice that the original calculator app icon is still there. To reduce clutter, you can remove the original app from your home screen. For this, you will need to long-press the app and select the Remove App option.
Even if you remove the app from your home screen, it will be accessible from the App Library of your iPhone.
Some Things To Remember
Here are some important things you should remember about using this option:
- The custom app icon feature allows you to customise each app individually. To redesign all the installed apps at once, you will need to get a paid custom app icon pack.
- When changing the aesthetic of an app, it does nothing to the original app. It just creates a new shortcut on the home screen.
- After creating a new shortcut, you can remove the original app from your home screen and access it in the App Library.
- The custom app icon option is available on iOS 14 and later updates.
- The Shortcuts app is inbuilt. But if it’s not there on your phone, you will need to download it from the app store.
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
1. Where to find custom app icon images?
You will find a lovely collection of custom app icon pictures on the web. Or you can go to Pinterest or Shutterstock images.
2. Are custom app icon packs paid?
Most of the custom app icon packs that are available online are paid. Some of them are also very expensive.
3. Is the Shortcuts app inbuilt?
Yes, the Shortcuts app comes pre-installed on your iPhone.