Now Apple iPhone users can change the aesthetic of installed apps as per their liking. This is made possible with the new custom app icon feature that is introduced in the iOS 14 update.
With the custom app icon option, you can change the look of any app installed on your iPhone. Whether it is an inbuilt app or the one you installed, it can be applied on all apps as long as it is installed on your device.
There are no restrictions, which means you can customise the same app icon as many times as you want. However, there’s a slight drawback. It doesn’t allow you to customise all installed apps at once. It means you will need to customise each app individually. This can be a time-consuming process depending on the number of apps you want to personalize.
To save time, you should get a custom app icon pack. These packs are exclusively available for iPhone users, so they can use them to customise all installed apps at once. But most of these packs are paid, so you will need to spare some money to take advantage of this option.
With that said, now let’s find out how the custom app icon feature works. As an example, we will change the aesthetic of the Amazon app icon.
Amazon Icon Aesthetic For iPhone in iOS 14
- YouTube Icon Aesthetic
- VSCO Icon Aesthetic
- Messages Icon Aesthetic
- Tiktok Icon Aesthetic
- Facetime Icon Aesthetic
- Clock Icon Aesthetic
- Pandora Icon Aesthetic
- Camera Icon Aesthetic
- Instagram Icon Aesthetic
- Roblox Icon Aesthetic
- Messenger Icon Aesthetic
- Netflix Icon Aesthetic
- Spotify Icon Aesthetic
- Shein Icon Aesthetic
Steps To Customise the Amazon App Icon
Before you start, you need to download a few custom app icon images on your iPhone. You will find premium quality images on sites like Pinterest and Shutterstock.
After you download and save the images in your phone’s gallery, you must follow these steps:
- First, launch the Shortcuts app. This is an inbuilt app, so you will find it in the App Library of your iPhone.
- Now tap the plus icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the bottom of the screen and tap the search bar.
- Now type Open App in the search bar and then tap Open App when it appears.
- Under the Scripting header, you will find the option Choose. Tap it.
- Now you need to choose the app that you want to customise. In this case, you will choose Amazon.
- Tap More located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the option Add to Home Screen.
- Now select New Shortcut to assign a new name to the shortcut.
- Tap the icon beside the shortcut’s name.
- Tap Choose Photo and select the custom app icon image you saved in your phone’s gallery.
- Tap Add and then press the Done button.
- Go back to your home screen to find the new Amazon shortcut that you just created.
Some Things to Remember
Before you customise any app, you should remember the following things.
- When you are creating a new shortcut, it doesn’t remove or replace the original app from the home screen. You will need to remove the original app manually.
- The custom app icon feature is applied via the Shortcuts app. In case, you don’t have this app inbuilt in your iPhone, you will need to download it from the app store.
- The custom app icon option doesn’t affect the original app. It only creates a new shortcut on your home screen.
- Safari Icon Aesthetic
- Weather Icon Aesthetic
- Shortcuts Icon Aesthetic
- Mail Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Icon Aesthetic
- Settings Icon Aesthetic
- Snapchat Icon Aesthetic
- Notes Icon Aesthetic
- Reminders Icon Aesthetic
- Phone Aesthetic Icon
- Photos Icon Aesthetic
- Calculator Icon Aesthetic
- Music Icon Aesthetic
1. What are the best places to look for custom app icon images?
You will find the best custom app icon images on Pinterest and Shutterstock images. They have a huge collection of those images for you to download for free.
2. What is the Shortcuts app used for?
The Shortcuts app is used while customising an app on your iPhone.